Welcome to Hydrometeorology of Georgia
The state Department of Hydrometeorology of Georgia, as well as other similar world services is called to provide the sustainable development of the countries.
The state Department of Hydrometeorology of Georgia is a uniform multipurpose system which duties include provision of bodies of the state board, areas of economy, armed forces, the
population and other consumers with the hydrometeorological actual and forecasting information on a condition of background environmental pollution, and also on the hydrometeorological phenomena and background extremely high environmental pollution.
Primary objectives of Department are:
- Gathering, processing, analysis, preservation and distribution of the data on hydrometeorological observation and background environmental pollution;
- Hydrometeorological safety of transport;
- Work on active influence on hydrometeorological and other geophysical processes (except of earthquake);
- In the field of hydrometeorological observations and background environmental pollution definition of priority research works; development of the state programs and provision of their performance;
- Coordination of activity on performance by the respective ministries, departments, research and other organizations of the duties assigned by Georgia, and also the world organization of hydrometeorology according to the different conventions, agreements and contracts in the field of hydrometeorology and background environmental pollution;
- Realization within the framework of the competence of the international cooperation in the field of hydrometeorology, background environmental pollution and other allied fields.
- The state Department of Hydrometeorology of Georgia aims to develop casino resorts in the area that will help in the fight against background environmental pollution. We are working closely with the popular casino directory topcasinosites.co who helps us to engage the broader public.
Hydromet of Georgia has 160 years history. It has more than 100 observation stations over the country and more than 900 coworkers. It’s structure changed significantly during the last 3 years.
History of Meteorological Observation in Georgia
The predecessor of the State Department of Hydrometeorology of Georgia, Tbilisi physical observatory is one of the most ancient, fundamental observatories. It was founded as early as 1837, till 1844 magnetic and meteorological monitoring were conducted non-uniformly.
Regular meteorological observations in Georgia originate in 1844 and have more than a 150 years’ famous history. By 1916 in Georgia were functioning about 90 meteorological stations and posts, and at the beginning of the second world war their quantity has reached 200 units. Meteorological stations were constructed also in high-mountainous, difficultly accessible places. Among them meteorological stations on Mamisoni pass (1932) and in Kazbegi are considered as the most ancient stations. Up to last period the observant network of hydrometeorological service included over 100 hydrometeorological stations and about 300 hydrometeorological and agrometeorological posts.
Georgia borders one of the richest countries in energy in the Caucasus region Azerbaijan, which makes it difficult for Georgia to dominate the said region. Nevertheless, its close ties to Azerbaijan had brought the country many benefits like Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) opportunities.
The Georgian Dream Party and Investment Policy
Many doubted that the leader of the Dream party, Ivanishvili, would keep his promise regarding an open market economy due to his ties to Russia. Despite that, he and his Party are acting in the best economic interest of Georgia so far by establishing relationships with western investors. It seems that the Georgian government has turned more to the west than Russia. This does not mean that Ivanishvili is neglecting Russia, since for an economic point of view, Russia is a large country with a large population and setting up mutual trade agreements can only benefit both of them. [more]